problem converting from V4RB 1.x to 2.3

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 1 22:40:48 CDT 2006

On 6/1/06 9:51 PM, "Dave Parizek" <dave at Parizek.com> wrote:

> I am converting a 1.x app in V4RB to 2.3.  I get all the required
> changes made, it compiles, but crashes on startup.  I get this error:
>
> Runtime Error 4: Failed Assertion
>
> Location: plugin.cpp:7417
> Failure Condition: pluginEntryTable.GetEntry
> (entrypointName, out)
> Failure Message: can't find plugin method
> Valentina.DebugLevel(Assigns inLevel as integer)
>
> I apologize I have not searched the list archives yet, wondering what
> happened to the web searchable archives I used to turn to...

You mean "compiles" as in compiles within the debugger?  Or as a standalone
app?

I got similar messages when I (incorrectly) tried to debug in Mach-O.
Currently, V4RB can only be debugged in the RB IDE using the V4RB carbon
plugin.  You can't debug using the V4RB_Macho.rbx plugin.

If you are talking about a compiled app, then I assume you are copying in
the Mach-o components into the package?

If it is some other problem, fear not, dawn will soon be breaking over the
Black Sea and Ruslan will soon be up and eager to help us with our Valentina
questions.

(Hey, it's 10:50pm here, it's acceptable to wax poetic.)

--
Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC