[V4RB] Subclassing VDatabase

Christer Olsson christer at ljusaideer.se
Tue Jul 25 10:04:29 CDT 2006

>On 7/25/06 12:39 AM, "Christer Olsson" <christer at ljusaideer.se> wrote:
>
>Hi Christer,
>
>>> Not sure, but it seems you need at first open connection, then create
>>> database object
>>
>> OK. Got it working now. But the connection process takes a rather long time.
>> Opening a database on the server used to happen almost instantly, and now it
>> takes about 15 seconds to make a connection and open a database from my Macbok
>> Pro (intel) on our G4 server.
>
>* 15 seconds on EACH connection? Or first only ?
>
>* 2 computers are in LOCAL network? Or you work via inet ?
>
>* Can you set verboselevel = 3 in ini file for vserver, do OPEN, and then
>send us LOG file of this OPEN command. Do not do any other commands.
>
>* As open you mean db.open() or some more commands that your app do to
>become inited ?

We have done more tests now, and it seems like my figures yesterday evening was wrong. Opening a db is slower than before, but not as slow as it seemed yesterday (tests conducted from home to server at the office).

Using two computers on the same network at the office shows a little bit more than two seconds for making a connection and opening a db (first time).

Doing some very simple searches and opening a new window with the results takes almost three seconds, giving a total of almost five seconds before the results can be shown i our app - a time which is a lot more than it has taken in earlier versions of Valentina 2.x.