[V4RB] Subclassing VDatabase

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jul 25 09:23:18 CDT 2006

On 7/25/06 12:39 AM, "Christer Olsson" <christer at ljusaideer.se> wrote:

Hi Christer,

>> Not sure, but it seems you need at first open connection, then create
>> database object
>
> OK. Got it working now. But the connection process takes a rather long time.
> Opening a database on the server used to happen almost instantly, and now it
> takes about 15 seconds to make a connection and open a database from my Macbok
> Pro (intel) on our G4 server.

* 15 seconds on EACH connection? Or first only ?

* 2 computers are in LOCAL network? Or you work via inet ?

* Can you set verboselevel = 3 in ini file for vserver, do OPEN, and then
send us LOG file of this OPEN command. Do not do any other commands.

* As open you mean db.open() or some more commands that your app do to
become inited ?