[V4MD] AsXMLString

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jul 18 10:17:21 CDT 2006

On 7/18/06 5:14 AM, "Michael Bedar" <mike at bedar.net> wrote:

> BTW, on another subject, I was thinking that a vCursor.getRecord(s)
> AsXMLString() would be extremely helpful.  As far as I can tell,
> while you can use getRecordsAsString to create HTML markup, there is
> no way to get :
>
>   <record><field1>field1Value</field1><field2>field2Value</field2></
> record>
>
> unless there are some escape sequences for field-names that i haven't
> found..
>
> I find that most of what I am doing in director is building xml
> strings to pass to the Flash UI elements.

Well, I think we can produce such output using

    Vtable.DumpXML()

It can be used for RAM table also...
Question is that you want it for cursor..
And Dump() produce result into disk file currently...

We have start in Jan develop new cool XML features for Valentina.
As well as support of SQLXML

Using SQLXML we will have something as:

    string_res = db.SqlQuery( sqlxml_query )

And string_res is the XML string

SQLXML is new 2003 SQL Standard extension. It is already supported by Oracle
and IBM DB/2...They have introduce it both 8-9 months ago.

So it will be correct step add its support into Valentina also.
We have done a lots of work in this direction already..