[ATTN!] Inform us about your show-stoppers bugs in 2.4 betas if any!

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Thu Jul 6 12:57:40 CDT 2006

On 7/6/06 12:11 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> We have come close to polish new Vserver and all our examples in all ADKs.
> Few examples yet to resolve...this should not take many time.
>
> So I want to ask you be very active in testing of upcoming 2.4 beta builds
> AND Valentina server (if you use it).
>

> I want to make list of REALLY show-stopper bugs for any Valentina developer.
> So please inform on Valentina beta list about such bug numbers.

Do you expect any "movement" on this Mantis item below?

Mantis ID 0001487 (filed April 7 and discussed here on list in some detail):
"2.x DB Open for 200mb DB File Takes Unusually Long"

open initially. Subsequent re-opens are nearly instantaneous. After PC
restarts, first open takes too long again.

Similar behavior also observed on Windows Millennium and Windows 2000. The
behavior is not evident on Win98SE or Mac OS X."

In fairness, though, this "performance issue" also existed in 1.x, except
the time it took for db.Open() under 1.x was only about 20-25 secs.

This is my only real "show stopper" (i.e., stopping me from moving my
product to 2.x).

--
Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC