[VSDK] Collections

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 5 11:00:58 CST 2006

On 1/5/06 10:45 AM, "Philip Mötteli" <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:

>>> Have you chosen this distribution and format, because it helps your
>>> cross platform ambitions?
>>
>> Valentina Engine is made from several DLLs.
>>     3 own dlls and several IBM ICU unicode library.
>>
>> Dlls must go into place where OS X see them. This is /usr/local/lib
>>     can be some other places, e.g. In home.
>>
>> Sources -- here nothing special, right ?
>
> On the Mac, the usual way to distribute libraries, headers and other
> resources are in the form of frameworks, e. g. "/System/Library/
> Frameworks/AppKit.framework".

> In my eyes, this is much easier and it allows for very easy
> versioning too.

> Of course you can only do that, if you have access to the sources.

I see what you mean.

We did have framework in v1

Then you are right, framework cause problems if you do cross-platform
library. All is okay with framework if you do only it.

Problem is that framework require
    #include <Franework/file.h>  style.

But e.g. Windows need notmal style.

To resolve this in v1 we did use #ifdef for all headers in each pubilic
file. This was nightmare.