Release Schedules and Feedback on Fixes

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Dec 15 17:51:58 CST 2006

> One major point: database corruption was rare in V1.9.x, but has been
> a problem ever since V2.0 was released. It's a lot better than in the
> eary releases, to be sure, but it is still a significant problem for
> me and my users. Because you want "reproducible bugs" (of course you
> do, we ALL do!) I haven't been able to "bug" that on Mantis. So you
> say, there is no bug report. But in fact, there are bugs that are
> causing pain, they are just subtle. That is why I finally started
> uploading corrupted databases (as in bug #2052) even though I can't
> tell you exactly how to reproduce the chain of events that lead to
> their corruption. I hope that the nature of the corruption,
> especially if reproduced with several databases, will give you enough
> clues to track down the causes.
>
> When I go a week with reports from my users that they suddenly can't
> open their databases without crashing, then I'll know that the major
> bugs that plague my app have been resolved. That's a real world
> regression analysis... :-)

Its clear.

We still need your help and efforts to recognize PATTERN when your users get
problems. You and I know that you use mainly TEXT fields. And You use Text
methods on this Text fields. And you have about 60+ fields/methods in single
table total.

I do analyze now of your db you have put into Mantis.
I will contact you soon.