Release Schedules and Feedback on Fixes

jda jda at his.com
Fri Dec 15 07:09:52 CST 2006

>With each new release of Valentina we have in Mantis practically all fixed
>user reports.
>
>I.e. Bug become into day light only when somebody stick into it.
>
>Bugs have own life and own horoscope :-)

Hi Ruslan,

One major point: database corruption was rare in V1.9.x, but has been
a problem ever since V2.0 was released. It's a lot better than in the
eary releases, to be sure, but it is still a significant problem for
me and my users. Because you want "reproducible bugs" (of course you
do, we ALL do!) I haven't been able to "bug" that on Mantis. So you
say, there is no bug report. But in fact, there are bugs that are
causing pain, they are just subtle. That is why I finally started
uploading corrupted databases (as in bug #2052) even though I can't
tell you exactly how to reproduce the chain of events that lead to
their corruption. I hope that the nature of the corruption,
especially if reproduced with several databases, will give you enough
clues to track down the causes.

When I go a week with reports from my users that they suddenly can't
open their databases without crashing, then I'll know that the major
bugs that plague my app have been resolved. That's a real world
regression analysis... :-)

Jon