Release Schedules and Feedback on Fixes

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Dec 14 23:22:03 CST 2006

On 12/06/12 1:59 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

Hi Robert,

> Lynn and Ruslan,
>
> Is there any hope that Paradigma starts branching Valentina releases?
> With 2.6 perceived as a strong base, it may be the right time to
> consider seriously the introduction of branching into Valentina's
> development process.

We agree totally.
We will spend time and make efforts to learn deeply how to use CVS branches.

> This relentless push forward by mixing bug fixes and implementing new
> features (introducing new bugs and breaking working code in the
> process) may be leaving some, and I suspect mot so few, users behind,

I have told in prev letter.

In BIG CONTRAST to v1, now we have big set of regression tests.
While we add new feature, we always get some tests broken,
And then we spend as many time as required to fix all back.
Only after this we start make even beta builds.

> some even abandoning Valentina altogether. Each time I try to keep up
> with the new releases of Valentina, I feel like I am in a rat race,
> spending more time dealing with Valentina than my products since, at
> least in my case, I need to sync Valentina on at least 4-5 computers.

Robert, as I know you do not use Valentina 2 at all.
Am I right ?