V4RB/Vserver 241b1 Testing

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 7 22:52:02 CDT 2006

On 8/7/06 12:33 PM, "Russ Tyndall" <fitzbew at nc.rr.com> wrote:

>>> This is in local or client mode? Or both ?
>>>

>> The problem with the datefields I described is in client mode..using a V4RB
>> project connected to Vserver.  I have not yet tested in local mode,  but I
>> will test it shortly.
>
> I only see this glitch in Client/Server...*not* in Local DB mode.
>
> So, as far as I can see -- this glitch is only in Mach-O V4RB connecting to
> Vserver, PEF builds act as expected in both Local and Client builds.
>
> As we discussed yesterday, I have done no testing on Win32.

Wow!  This was a tough one for me to figure out.

For some reason, in a project I have, the DateField() values applied in a
Vcursor get messed up when UpdateRecord() is called.  But this only happens
in Mach-O builds and *only* if I also update an unrelated Stringfield() in
the same cursor!  If I don't update that StringField, the DateField update
is fine.  Weird.

This only applies to a client app..the mach-o local db mode of the project
works fine.

This is Mantis 0001738.

One day we will be able to debug in Mach-o, and diagnosing questions like
this will be much easier.

--
Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC