V4RB/Vserver 241b1 Testing

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 7 10:19:41 CDT 2006

On 8/7/06 2:36 AM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

>> I did find one bug, possibly two in the Mach-o configuration of 241b1 on OS
>> X.
>>
>> It appears that if I set a DateField to a particular date using the syntax
>> of: vcursor.Datefield("mydate").Year = 2006, Datefield("mydate").Month = 8,
>> etc. that it is corrupted when  vCursor.UpdateRecord() is called.
>> Subsequently, if values of that field are retrieved, the values are
>> incorrect.
>
> Note, it is not best do vcursor.Datefield("mydate") few times.
>
> better:
>
>   dim fld as VDate
>
>   fld = vcursor.Datefield("mydate")
>
>   fld.Year =
>   fld.Month =
>   fld.Day =

So, if my app is moving through a vCursor like this:

****

For intCounter 1 to intNoOfRecords Step 1

Vcursor.DateField("MyDate").Year = 2006
Vcursor.DateField("MyDate").Month = 8
Vcursor.DateField("MyDate").Day = 7

.
.
. (Update other fields)
.

Vcursor.updateRecord()
BGoodRun = vcursor.nextRecord()

Next

****

You are saying it would be better to:

****

Dim fld as vDate

Fld = Vcursor.DateField("MyDate")

For intCounter 1 to intNoOfRecords Step 1

Fld.Year = 2006
Fld.Month = 8
Fld.Day = 7

.
.
. (Update other fields)
.

Vcursor.updateRecord()
BGoodRun = vcursor.nextRecord()

Next

****

May I ask why?  For speed?  The former syntax works fine in my PEF builds.
Of course, I want as much speed as possible but the Mach-o builds and the
PEF builds should perform the same, right?

>> It also appears that the same thing may be happening on Stringfields...but
>> the string issue does not seem to be consistent...I will check this further.
>>
>> Note: The above situations *only* happens using the Mach-O plugin with a
>> stand-alone app!  The Carbon format plugin works great.
>
> This is in local or client mode? Or both ?

The problem with the datefields I described is in client mode..using a V4RB
project connected to Vserver.  I have not yet tested in local mode,  but I
will test it shortly.

--
Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC