[V4CC] Valentina for Cocoa, Vdatabase.h

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Sep 25 19:14:46 CDT 2005

On 9/25/05 6:36 PM, "Justin Drury" <justin at crunch-recording.com> wrote:

Hi Justin,

> Hi Ruslan and others...
>
> This looks great!  Just had a quick moment to look it over, I'd like to use it
> in practise...

> KeyValueCoding compliant...good thing.

> My only style question is the usage of VSQL::xException on the SQL commands.

Where you have to see VSQL::xException ?

This is C++ thing.

I think V4CC will have own Vexception class for this.

> I know you're using
> exceptions in 2.0.  Personally I'd prefer getting back a NULL object and
> calling a lastError method to
> get back an NSError.  Others should chime in here.

Well, does Obj-C support exceptions ?

If yes (and I am sure yes) we WILL support exceptions.

Justin, this is much more strong feature then LastErrorCode checking.
A lots of advantages !!!

Why you want lastError - style ?

In fact we can add it to be tunable like in V4RB.
But in V4RB we switch from old way to new,
This is why exists support of both.

> How is Valentina init'ed, serial numbers, destroyed?

Will be class Valentina with methods, Init(), ShutDown()

> Should vDatabase or even better, the valentina
> init class have a (BOOL) valentinaInitialized; method? (For debug checks).

All this will be added and explained.
We have show just only first class.
Do not worry. :-)

> Could bind controls so they disable(demo purposes?)

You ask we V4CC will bind to controls ?

If you think we need this, then we must do this.
Let's discuss this, let's see what is required for this.