[ANN] V4REV 2.0.5 fc18 for MAC

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Mon Sep 12 15:52:02 CDT 2005

>On 9/12/05 3:52 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:
>
>>>  Hi all,
>>>
>>>  This build polish few example
>>>  and add more protection from crash.
>>>

>>  Just tried the same steps with debuglevel as before. And it crashes
>>  just as before :(
>
>Impossible

Well, it seems very possible to me. I can reproduce it at will :)

>Make sure that you use fc18

the image is labelled v4rev_205fc18.mac.dmg downloaded an hour ago.

>Remove old VComponents folder and so on ...

Yes, I did remove old VComponents and copied new ones over. Same with
V4Rev_2 folder. I copied VComponents once again just in case and
emptied trash. The examples stack is definitely new since the list
has changed.

I tried again after restarting. This time the crash was so bad that
the whole system went bananas and I had to pull the plug. Upon
restart, I tried again yet. This time I got as far as clicking Run in
the DebugLevel Example, it shown 3 in the output field, then
Revolution quit. Upon the following restart, I got further. It
crashed only upon the second click on Run.

I have tried also whether initing first as client makes a difference
but it does not. If anything, initing directly right away makes
crashes worse.

Robert