V4REV update -- remove dialog CLOSE BEFORE.

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Mon Sep 5 22:35:43 CDT 2005

>On 9/5/05 5:24 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:
>
>>  In terms of reducing number of windows per example, it is a matter of
>>  usability and practicality. We want to be able to open more than one
>>  example at a time. If you can do it cleanly with your current design,
>>  go ahead.
>
>Multiple examples will be problem I think.
>Ivan ?
>
>And why, Robert?
>
>It sounds like you going keep them open 8 hours * 7 days ..

Makes no difference whether I have them open for 15 mins or 8 hrs :)

>-------
>IMHO ideal solution must be as in RB:
>
>     we have 50 separate examples
>     REALBasic 6.x can open several projects in the same time.
>
>Revolution cannot do this? Then press runrev guys :-)

Rev could always open several projects in the same time, but... Ivan
programmed the v4rev examples to share resources (like CursorBrowser)
so they are not truly separate :(

>Okay, do not take this serious ... Just flame ...

A flame is not justified, serious or not -- What we, at least me,
suggest is to actually make the examples more independent. It sounds
like that is what you want as well.

Robert