V4REV update -- remove dialog CLOSE BEFORE.

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Mon Sep 5 22:39:10 CDT 2005

>On 9/5/05 7:53 PM, "Ivan Smahin" <IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua> wrote:
>
>>  RZ> Multiple examples will be problem I think.
>>  RZ> Ivan ?
>>
>>  All examples should be totally refactored in this case.
>>
>>  The first thing comes to my mind is:
>>  We have some stack which is actually not an example but helper one.
>>  I mean "CursorBrowser" and so on.
>>
>>  Flow is:
>>  1.  Launch  the  first  example. CursorBrowser shows the data from this
>>  example.
>>  2.  Launch  second  example.  It  also  uses  THE  SAME  CursorBrowser
>>  INSTANCE which now shows the data from second example.
>>
>>  If  we  get  the  first  example focused now... we need to switch data
>>  somehow...
>
>Wait. In fact you need to get 2 windows of CursorBrowser !
>
>--
>Best regards,
>
>Ruslan Zasukhin
>VP Engineering and New Technology
>Paradigma Software, Inc

Yes, this is what we were pointing out with Trevor. You can create
multiple instances of the window (switching data is a silly approach)
but that means more programming and the type of programming you don't
really want in examples.

This is why we suggested to change the design and merge the
CursorBrowser into the window of the examples that use it. Actually,
the code used by CursorBrowser does not have to be copied into each
example. Only the list field. The code can in be a library shared by
all examples. This is probably what Trevor sent you as an example.

Robert