V4REV update -- design

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Sep 5 10:32:11 CDT 2005

On 9/5/05 5:44 AM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

>> Just to open each example, and test it, takes 8-10 hours of work.
>
> 8-10 to develop an example? Gee, some of them should not take more
> than half an hour and most no more than 4-5 hours IMHO.

No, 8-10 hours to check all our 50 examples.
Open it, run it, click buttons, check results.

>> I do not say how many it will take to CHANGE each example and again make
>> sure it works....
>
> But then why we still see problems?

New build will be more stable.
Ivan say no crashes now

>> And more probably the number of examples will grow.
>> This is why we here try simplify our job and make it consistent.
>
> If you do it right, it will be trivial to add more examples later.

Right. Of course.

>> But we have TEAM.
>> And we often want team work on examples and projects.
>
> As Trevor said, Rev lends itself for high automation very nicely. I
> outlined some options for automating developing with individual
> stacks while assembling all into a single stackfile for distribution.
> No idea whether you are using any of them.
>
> But keep in mind that your effort will be largely wasted if v4rev
> users find your examples awkward to use. You need to strike a balance
> or rather compromise between minimizing effort of your team and
> maximizing the benefit of your users.

Okay. Let's see what will happens at last of end.

Just only I have talk with Ivan, about SQLLite "tutorial".
Ivan says that huge part of this example just describe general things which
you can find in any book.

Excuse me, exists hundreds cool books on DB, SQL, ...
I think we must not try produce new books about joins and SQL :-)
I think this is not correct.

Okay, once again. Lets stop general-words discussions.
If you see that we have BAD and WRONG code of scripts in examples,
Please show this by points very detailed as for childe.

WE ARE READY improve design of scripts to make them correct from Revolution
point of view. Bu please EXPAIN us why our style is bad also? Ok?
And do this by small steps

Thank you very much guys for your resistance!!! :-)