V4REV update -- remove dialog CLOSE BEFORE.

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Mon Sep 5 04:30:47 CDT 2005

>On 9/4/05 7:51 PM, "Trevor DeVore" <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:
>
>>>  Ok, probably.
>>>
>>>  Ivan, I know you already have made 10 iterations on all this
>>>  examples for
>>>  Revolution, (how it was easy for us for RB and Director, yes? :-)
>>
>>  Well, you understand those development environments.  You don't
>>  understand Revolution yet so that is to be expected.
>
>Yes, very special thing ...
>
>We do all our the best!  :-)
>
>--
>Best regards,
>
>Ruslan Zasukhin
>VP Engineering and New Technology
>Paradigma Software, Inc

I see you guys had quite an exchange going last couple days :) Sorry
for not chiming in but I was away from email.

The lack of proper understanding of Revolution among the Valentina
team, I should say xTalk philosophy in general, has been evident over
the years. I also still believe, as I said in the past, that it is
partly responsible for lesser acceptance/usage (that is sales) of
vxcmd than they could have been. I should add that I do understand
the barrier since, as some of you know, I've been programming
C/Pascal and xTalks in parallel for many years.

With regards to the examples, there are several issues piling up.
One, the development and design has been tailored upon v4rb and v4md
which are simply speaking different development environments. Two,
there have never been a comprehensive set of examples for vxcmd, so
this is a completely new effort and it is not surprising that
mistakes are made. Three, you (plural) factored them in a way that is
not optimal for Rev (would be for RB).

Robert