V4REV update -- docs -- methods, classes

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Fri Sep 2 15:17:28 CDT 2005

>  > Yes, sort of.  Really you are using functions in all cases.  If you
>>  are talking about Valentina methods in general then you would say
>>  Valentina handlers.  If you are talking about a particular handler
>>  like Valentina_CacheSize() you would say Valentina_CacheSize()
>>  function.  You could get away with referring to Valentina handlers as
>  > Valentina functions since you don't use any commands.

Trevor is right, Ruslan.

>  > Within Transcript you aren't using VDataBase as a class though.  To
>>  use VDataBase I am not creating a new VDataBase object that I am
>>  calling methods on.  I am simply calling handlers that are prefixed
>>  with "VDataBase_".  I think you could get away with just referring to
>>  them as the VDatabase Handlers.  To the Revolution developer, that is
>>  all they are and I think it would make more sense when they are
>>  reading the docs.
>
>question:
>
>     does Revolution team promise add some OO features to future
>     versions? It seems I have hear about this.
>
>If YES, then I think we can go forward with our classes and methods,
>Because e.g. 6-12 months ago, this will become feature of Rev itself...

I somehow doubt that we will see any classes and methods in Rev
within a year. And such terms will surely confuse most of the Rev
users, unless you want V4REV used only by the advanced ones. If you
stay with classes and methods, you are increasing the entry barrier
to use your program. This is like my giving you a cookbook in Russian
but insisting to use Polish names for key ingriedents.

Listen to what Trevor is saying.

Robert