V4REV update -- docs -- methods, classes

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Sep 2 10:48:13 CDT 2005

On 9/1/05 7:42 PM, "Trevor DeVore" <trevor at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:

>> Ok, no problems change
>>
>>     methods => handlers
>
> Yes, sort of.  Really you are using functions in all cases.  If you
> are talking about Valentina methods in general then you would say
> Valentina handlers.  If you are talking about a particular handler
> like Valentina_CacheSize() you would say Valentina_CacheSize()
> function.  You could get away with referring to Valentina handlers as
> Valentina functions since you don't use any commands.

Moment.

So it is of for Rev readers if I use :

    Valentina functions ?

    function xxx()  ?

So problem is only in the word "method" ???
Hmm....read below:

>> ------------------------
>> Classes, well, Valentina is pointed as Object-Relational DBMS.
>>
>> So Valentina engine itself can be considered as having classes,
>> Even if it is accessed from procedural language.
>>
>> I just do not see good replace for "class" VDatabase
>>
>> Do you see such, Trevor ?
>
> Hmm, I see what you are saying.  The problem is that class may be a
> very foreign word to some people using Revolution.  It is possible
> that anyone using Valentina will be somewhat familiar with what a
> class is, I don't know.

> Within Transcript you aren't using VDataBase as a class though.  To
> use VDataBase I am not creating a new VDataBase object that I am
> calling methods on.  I am simply calling handlers that are prefixed
> with "VDataBase_".  I think you could get away with just referring to
> them as the VDatabase Handlers.  To the Revolution developer, that is
> all they are and I think it would make more sense when they are
> reading the docs.

question:

    does Revolution team promise add some OO features to future
    versions? It seems I have hear about this.

If YES, then I think we can go forward with our classes and methods,
Because e.g. 6-12 months ago, this will become feature of Rev itself...