[ANN] Valentina for PHP MacOS X 2.1 b1

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Oct 30 10:10:51 CST 2005

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> When are we going to get UTF-8 storage? It was supposed to be in
> 2.0.3, then 2.0.4, and now we're at 2.1b and still no sign of it. For
> some of us this is the last major promised feature that is missing.

Hi Jon,

Just we consider this as MINOR feature.

Agree, that the whole world use now MS Word 2002, which uses UTF16 for
documents, and nobody ask MS to store them in UTF8. Right?

Yes we still plan implement this. But new products and bugs are higher
priority.

Also problem is that as I have told, this is not 5 minutes and not even one
day of development feature. It will take AT LEAST week of work and testing.
Too many things depend on this. Also will be needed fight with this nasty
problem that UTF8 for different languages can give strings of very different
length...