[C++ SDK] with xCode. Organization of files

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Nov 1 14:20:53 CST 2005

Hi All,

I believe I am one small step from producing of C++ SDK with xCode.

The last task to solve is:

* Assume developers installs VSDK to own computer.

    - VComponents folder should go into some system folder.
        For example:  /usr/lib/VComponents

    - Headers can go into /usr/lib/includes

Having this, Developer can compile and link own project that uses VSDK
headers and DLLs.

* When developer build and run own app, all is good.
    App uses DLLs from that system location.

* When developer will prepare application for deployment,
    he need put VComponents folder into App package
    (like this do Valentina Studio)

PROBLEM is next:

  * right now we compile dlls for Vstudio using

        @executable_path = "../../Vcomponents"

  * but for SYSTEM location, we need executable_path
        to be empty I think...

Jochen, you have told exists some utility which allow easy change that for
existed DLLs. What its name?

I think I need write some script which will add required path.