Spotlight

Kem Tekinay ktekinay at mactechnologies.com
Thu May 26 16:09:43 CDT 2005

On 5/26/05 3:47 PM, Sims, John at ayu8 at cdc.gov wrote:

> Even if Spotlight could search
> through the tables, it is not going to know how to resolve the
> relationships between tables to provide useful information.

It doesn't need to. For example, if I search for "QUERY SELECTION,"
Spotlight shows my 4D language references (PDF files). When I double-click
one of those documents, Preview opens it up with the search term already
entered.

Now let's extend that to your example: I search for "concert tickets" and
Spotlight shows my program's Valentina data file. Double-click it and my app
opens up with "concert tickets" already entered into the search field.

Obviously I have to be able to include the ability to automagically enter
the search term (an Apple Event, I'm guessing), but the first step is for
Spotlight to show the document to the user.