Spotlight

jda jda at his.com
Thu May 26 13:00:32 CDT 2005

>  > I'm not sure of what value it has, either, but some of my users want
>>  to be able to do Spotlight searches that find text in V2 records.
>
>I see.
>
>Hmm, so we need do it in SUCH way, that you can integrate it into your
>applications, right ?

No. For this, all that is needed is a metadata filter(?) that let's
the OS index V2 databases. Then one can do a Spotlight search from
the OS menu bar and find which databases (or any document) contain
the search term(s). Double-clicking would launch our apps and open
the database (I don't think it would be possible to go to the record,
though, unless that is programmable in our apps).

Jon