Spotlight

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu May 26 19:57:22 CDT 2005

>>> Hi all. Has anyone explored the possibility of making a V2 database
>>>  searchable with Spotlight?
>>
>> We have not study deeply what Spotlish can do for database.
>>
>> I have read that it build own indexes.
>> But this have no sense from point of view of DB.
>>

> I'm not sure of what value it has, either, but some of my users want
> to be able to do Spotlight searches that find text in V2 records.

I see.

Hmm, so we need do it in SUCH way, that you can integrate it into your
applications, right ?

> This might be of value if they have many different databases, and
> want to find one that contains a certain name or term.

That is clear.

Just I did dream that Spotlight will call somehow Valentina which self will
do search. Without duplicating of data. May be they can do this.
Do not know yet.

And this sounds as must exists some constant Valentina service -
    ok -- plugin of Spotlight