V4MD search in API way and cXtraStringGrid example request

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 30 22:00:54 CST 2005

On 3/30/05 8:17 PM, "info at vallemediatime.com" <info at vallemediatime.com>
wrote:

> Hi Igor
> I want explain better my problem, I don't understand if your suggest is
> right for me, sorry.
>
> Table STUDENTS
> --------------------------
> ID | Name  |  Phone | ...
> --------------------------
> 1    Paolo       111
> 2    Anna        222
> 3    Igor          333
>
> I search for "Paolo" in field Name and I want display only two column (ID
> and Name): NOT the Phone and other column,
> how can I do this in API WAY?
> --------------
> ID | Name  |
> --------------
> 1   Paolo

Paolo,

API way do NOT care about this.

With API way you have found that record 1 is what you need.

Now you use YOUR Table to go to that record and read its values.

If you want show only 2 fields of your table then you need program this in
you code

    Table.RecID = i

    show Table.Field( "ID" ).value
    show Table.Field( "Name" ).value