V4RB 2 for Windows

Sims, John AYU8 at CDC.GOV
Thu Mar 17 08:41:07 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan,

> On 3/16/05 10:44 PM, "Sims, John" <AYU8 at CDC.GOV> wrote:
>

> > For my needs, 2.0.1 should be fine (2.0.1b1 would be better
> so I could
> > start looking at UI issues between the Mac and Windows
> versions of my
> > app :-) ).
>
> Why you cannot do this now? Using V4RB WIN?
>     although it is always deffered...

The problem here is that I do not currently own a REALbasic license for
Windows.  I just have the Mac Professional.  I haven't had a need to
deploy to Windows until this project.  I am planning on purchasing a
Windows RB license but with REALbasic 2005 due out in about 60 days, I'm
thinking of waiting until then.  The only problem is I'm not sure I want
to lock myself into having to use RB 2005 to complete my app.  I'm on
the RB beta list and paying close attention to the stability of the
runtime.  I have followed the threads about plugins posted by Bjorn and
yourself.  Do you expect Valentina to have any major problems
incorporating into RB 2005?

> > Your deployment scenario sounds fine to me also.
>
> > Does this
> > means you will have it worked out so that we will be able
> to specify
> > the location of the Vcomponents files or will they have to
> be in the
> > same folder as the application.
>
> App folder -- automatical way.
>
> > I guess what I am asking is will we be able to put the Vcomponents
> > files into a subfolder of our application's folder?
>
> Not sure... Then problem how OS will find DLLs.
>
> Actually exists solution. We need self 100% find load dlls.
> May be we do this now on Windows. Not remember.
>

> In any case, we will try implement all ways that Valentina
> developers will dream about :-))

That is why we love you, Ruslan!

> --
> Best regards,