[V4RB2] cursor location considerations

Eric Ferrer wonderfef at noos.fr
Wed Jun 29 19:10:30 CDT 2005

Hello all,

In VServer beta 1, I used to use the BulkSide cursor quite often, it
was really cool for my needs.
It allowed me to display a short list of the 50 most recent records
while totally ignoring the 1000's of other records.
VServer gave me the 50 records fastly in a single go.

BulkSide cursor are deprecated in V2.
Ruslan told me to use ServerSide cursor. OK.

But ServerSide cursor are not as fast as BulkSide cursor, because the
user can see that the list of the 50 most recent records is filled
record after record. It's not that slow, but it gives a "slowlyness"
sensation.
With BulkSide cursor, it was instantaneous.
With ServerSide, it's fast, but it takes its time.

Moreover, some of my complex SQL statements work fine if the cursor
is ClientSide, but crash if it is ServerSide.
I think this is because I have fc11 on my MAC (where the client runs)
and fc9 and the PC where Valentina Office Server runs.
Am I right?

Thanks
Eric

PS: Sorry if you received this message twice