API search

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jun 23 09:26:00 CDT 2005

On 6/23/05 12:30 AM, "info at vallemediatime.com" <info at vallemediatime.com>
wrote:

Hi Paolo,

> I've tried:
> table = gDb.table(gTableName)
> rs = table.field(clickedCol).findValue(searchString)
> -- this works with clickedCol =  "F1"
>
> If I want try to search in all field of table:
> rs = table.field().findValue(searchString)

What means in all ?

In all 10 fields of table ?!

Database do not work in this way.

Well, I have see that people use Method for this

    fldAllFields = "concat(f1, ' ', f2, ' ', f3, ' ', f4, ' ', f5)"

> I've read in your docs "if in selection is nil(?) then it searches in all
> records of the table but this don't works, where is my mistake?

This means ALL records by field F1.

If you specify some selection then this will be
    search by SOME records of F1.