[V4RB2] where to download?

Eric Ferrer wonderfef at noos.fr
Sun Jun 19 00:06:04 CDT 2005

Ruslan,

> Okay we will add more robust error handling into examples.
> We will use all your detailed steps here.
This is not what I meant.
The code to catch errors do exist, but it does not fire:

   dim f as folderitem
    f = GetFolderItem("Database1.vdb")
    mDataBase = MakeNewDatabase()
    mDataBase.Create( f, 5, 32 * 1024 )

Exception err as RuntimeException
   MsgBox "Can't create database. Error: " + Str(err.ErrorNumber) +
":" + err.Message

This exception block doesn't run, no messagebox is displayed...
Maybe it's a RB bug?

> BTW, note:
>     for now there is no way programmatically ThrowOut db
>     which is under Vserver.
I will certainly never use such a function, this is too much dangerous.
Better is to unregister db and then trash its files.

Thanks
Eric