[V4REV] problems encountered importing

ron barber rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Sat Jun 18 22:13:10 CDT 2005

Hi
Having lots of fun trying the new build...

1. =========
the docs give this example for importing text:

get  VCursor_ImportText( cursorRef, fileToImport, chr(09), chr(13) )

but the last two functions are not Rev functions. They need to be
numtochar(9) and numtochar(13)

also, please note that if we set the useunicode property to true then
the numtochar function can return a double-byte character. Can Val
handle a doublebyte delimiter?
2. ===============
the VCursor_ImportText only works when the data file is on the same
level as the Rev app.
This is true of the example stack and of any other stack we make.

3. =============

fileToImport cannot be a full file path like we work with in Rev all
the time. It is only the name of the file.

4. =============
lots of crashes when I return to the example stack and try to click on
a btn after the timer has run down?? It seems to happen after an
extended time so I'm guessing. I know this is not helpful but perhaps
someone else is experiencing the same thing.

5. =============
Can you tell me what is wrong with the following:
I make a new db and then a table and then 3 flds
at this point I have a dbref

  put VDataBase_SqlSelect( dbRef, "SELECT * FROM bible " ) into CursorRef

     answer file "what"
     if it is not "" then
       put it into fname
     end if
     set the itemdel to "/"
     put the last item of fname into fname
     set the itemdel to comma

     if CursorRef is not "" then
       get  VCursor_ImportText( cursorRef, fname) --, chr(09), chr(13) )
   end if

it crashes at the VCursor_ImportText call.

The log is included below:

Valentina_Init...
	PARAM: inCacheSize = "10485760"
return

Valentina_DebugLevel...
	PARAM: inLevel = "3"
return

VDatabase_Constructor...
	PARAM: inEnumStorageType = "EVStorageType.kDefault"
return revDb = 84826112

VDatabase_ErrNumber...
	PARAM: dbRef = "84826112"
return gV4REV_Error = 0

VDatabase_Create...
	PARAM: dbRef = "84826112"
	PARAM: inStrPath = "hh.vdb"
	PARAM: inEnumMode = "4"
	PARAM: inSegmentSize = "32768"
	PARAM: inEnumOs = "EVOs.kOsDefault"
	PARAM: Location = "hh.vdb"
return

VDatabase_ErrNumber...
	PARAM: dbRef = "84826112"
return gV4REV_Error = 0

VDatabase_Path...
	PARAM: dbRef = "84826112"
return res = "/Users/reb/Documents/MacSeisho dev/MS build/Revolution
2.6/hh.vdb"

VDatabase_CreateTable...
	PARAM: dbRef = "84826112"
	PARAM: inStrName = "bible"
return res = 86080416

VTable_CreateVarCharField...
	PARAM: inIntMaxLength = "504"
	PARAM: tblRef = "86080416"
	PARAM: inStrName = "ref"
	PARAM: inType = "20"
return res = 86070816

VDatabase_ErrNumber...
	PARAM: dbRef = "84826112"
return gV4REV_Error = 0

VTable_CreateVarCharField...
	PARAM: inIntMaxLength = "1008"
	PARAM: tblRef = "86080416"
	PARAM: inStrName = "verses"
	PARAM: inType = "20"
return res = 86072032

VDatabase_ErrNumber...
	PARAM: dbRef = "84826112"
return gV4REV_Error = 0

VDatabase_SqlSelect...
	PARAM: dbRef = "84826112"
	PARAM: inStrQuery = "SELECT * FROM bible "
return res = 86075072

VCursor_ImportText...
	PARAM: cursorRef = "86075072"
	PARAM: inStrPath = "aaa.txt"