[V4REV] again: why we have go by way of single stack ???

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jun 15 15:25:34 CDT 2005

Hi Trevor,
Hi Robert,

Can you again (yes I fell stupid) explain me:

* why our original way with 50 independent examples looks bad for you ?

* why we need to put them all into single example ?

Just we seat and watch on this monster example,
We think about how to resole global vars,
And we see only bad ways from our point of view. :-((

-------
For example about global.

Robert, you have suggest to have

    MainExample:    gValArray[ "gSomeVar" ]

All rest sub-stacks use it.

But should we allow open 2 substack-examples in the same time?
If yes, then OPS, we need something as

        gValArray[ "gDbRef_Example1" ]
        gValArray[ "gDbRef_Example2" ]
        .... 50 times.

Terrible and ugly.
The same for each global!   TableRef. CursorRef, ...

--------------------
If we allow only ONE example substack to be open, then okay, it is more
simple.

---------------
Ivan says that now it is hard redo globals on stack properties,
To many redo...

I still wonder, why have start develop this MAIN Example stack???

I do not see any problems with having 50 examples.
    each example point to one _external_ shared stack,
    which have common methods.

As I understand this works technically in Revolution,
So why we have go by single stack way?
Just I cannot remember strong reasons....