[V4REV] Installation

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jun 15 13:10:45 CDT 2005

On 6/15/05 12:39 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

I'd like answer to list.

>> No, we use standard OS X and Windows installers.
>
> Ruslan,
>
> In one of the emails, you complained about not seeing a reasonable
> place on Mac OSX to install.  I've just read in the new V4REV
> documentation that your plan was to install VComponents into
> /Library/CFMSupport on Mac OSX and into c:/Program Files/ under
> Windows.
>
> Why don't you use a similar location for Mac OSX:
> /library/Application Support ? Seems quite logical to me and then
> same VComponents will be available to all copies of Revolution and
> MetaCard.

1) for CARBON shared libs they MUST BE in the CFMSupport

2) in Rev we use MACHO libs.

all our MACHO dlls compiled with special option

        @executable_path = ../../VComponents

This is made because Vstudio and Vserver apps made as Packages.
So VComponents folder go inside of application.

And when macho DLL have such option, it cannot be located in other places.

> The V4REV_Macho bundle could go as Trevor suggested into the
> "database drivers" folder which sits inside the Revolution
> "components" folder.

Bundle yes can be located anywhere.

> The examples, the "V4REV_2 Examples" folder, are fine as they are in
> the main Revolution folder (just add "Examples" to folder name).
>
> What d'ya say?

We was going

    Revolution
        V4REV_2
            Examples
            V4REV_macho_bundle

I think not big difference to your suggestions.