Test of 0000943 bug // ACCENTS

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jul 28 09:42:20 CDT 2005

On 7/27/05 5:19 PM, "Francois Cournoyer" <zantagor at hotmail.com> wrote:

> "select * from document where document_data REGEX '\Wle.*\W'"  returns 0
> records. (it should return 102 records...as it does on Windows)
>
> "select * from document where document_data REGEX 'le.*'" returns 98
> records(used to return 0 record with 2.0.5fc3)
>
> There seem to be a problem with the Regex syntax on OSX.

Well, I have made new fresh db on mac with one table and one TEXT field.
Add few test records. I do not see glitches.

Now tell me please.
You do in Lingo

    db.Sqlelect(
       "select * from document where document_data REGEX '\Wle.*\W'" )

?

If yes then this is not correct. Must be

    db.Sqlelect(
       "select * from document where document_data REGEX '\\Wle.*\\W'" )

Doing such query with \\  from viSQL and Vstudio on MAC,
I get 39 records as result.

Francois, I think you need self make 2 small databases.
    one native for mac,
    one native for windows

Add 3-5 records. THE SAME for win and MAC.
Records should not be huge.

And now try do the same queries on mac and windows.
Take into account that you need send \\ for such control symbols as \A \W

I do not see any glitches.

If you will see please send me these 2 dbs and query
and what result you see and what result you expect to see.