Two questions about 2.0.5

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jul 24 17:23:20 CDT 2005

Hi Jon,

> I'm getting ready for an upgrade of my app in a few weeks, and if I'm
> going to use V2.0.5 in it there are two issues I'd like to know
> about...

How many weeks? :-)

> 1. Will the changing of field order when updating a field's maxLength
> be fixed? Right now I'm moving the changed field to the end of the
> declaration in the API method, but if this is going to be fixed I
> shouldn't be doing this.

Tomorrow we is going to fix a couple of bugs related Vserver
And start build 2.0.5 and test all examples.

Today later I will try reproduce what you say,
It is good to have such example I think. Then If I reproduce I will see how
hard it is for fix.

Release 2.0.6 is going to fix new found bugs (as your) and main thing todo
-- encryption.

> 2. Will .clone really be faster than load/dump (my example showed
> they were similar)? I won't bother implementing .clone unless there
> is much advantage (but if there is, of course I will).

I think we will not work on optimization of it in the nearest week.