flush binary link

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jan 26 15:52:07 CST 2005

On 1/26/05 3:35 PM, "Sims, John" <AYU8 at CDC.GOV> wrote:

Hi John,

> If you add the new feature as suggested above (which I agree is a good
> idea), would calling Link.Flush automatically flush the tables involved?

I think about this also.

> If not, what would happen if a developer calls Link.Flush without
> flushing the tables.

Then records of tables are still in cache,
But info of BinaryLink (i.e. Pair of RecIDs) will be flushed.

> I know the cache would be flushed on close but
> what if there was a "catastrophic shutdown", ie. a power failure and the
> computer the program is running on is not plugged into a battery backup.

Then you loose any not flushed info.

> So, now the binarylink thinks it is linking 2 records that do not
> actually exist in the tables, right?

If that was 2 absolutely new records, then yes.

So we have come to idea, that Link MUST flush that records of tables also.

> BTW, development using V2 is going very well so far (early stages of
> course) and I have to say that V2 is shaping up to be a fantastic
> product.

Thank you!

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com