flush binary link

Sims, John AYU8 at CDC.GOV
Wed Jan 26 08:35:54 CST 2005

> Sorry, I believe that I badly understood your answer. English
> is not my
> first language.
> Thus yes, it would be perfect that a function as " link.flush
> " exists!
>
> thank you
>
> olivier
>
> > So you offer,
> >
> >     Link.flush() -- flushes only link information.
> >         have sense for binary link only.
> >
> > Right ?
> >

> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Ruslan Zasukhin      [ I feel the need...the need for speed ]

Ruslan,

If you add the new feature as suggested above (which I agree is a good
idea), would calling Link.Flush automatically flush the tables involved?
If not, what would happen if a developer calls Link.Flush without
flushing the tables.  I know the cache would be flushed on close but
what if there was a "catastrophic shutdown", ie. a power failure and the
computer the program is running on is not plugged into a battery backup.
So, now the binarylink thinks it is linking 2 records that do not
actually exist in the tables, right?

BTW, development using V2 is going very well so far (early stages of
course) and I have to say that V2 is shaping up to be a fantastic
product.

Thanks Ruslan.

-John