API methods on binary link // Philosophy (!!)

Olivier vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 25 11:05:31 CST 2005

Thank you very much Ruslan for all these explanations.

I have to think really about my application.
It is VERY attractive..
But I have to think seriously about all this.
I shall not like, with THIS model, having to redo all structures of my
tables or to have now REDUNDANT data.

In fact, I am afraid of being more limited than in SQL.

> * the main idea of relational model is that you split data into
> different
> tables,  not in navigationnal model ?
> then you combine them back using JOINs.
>
> * how looks join usually? One record of parent table is MANY times
> joined
> with records from child table.
>
> Look on your table:
>         Paris + street
>
> But may be it is better to show to user
>     list of cities:
>     AND the parent list of streets?

yes, it's possible.
But if, for example, I have to print thousands of labels of addresses
(to make a mailing)?
The join is necessary here because every address is linked to a
zip-city and because the zip-city must be printed on every address?
Unless we have redundant tables ?!

I have to think about all this.

still thank you,

olivier