indexes cached + UTF8

jda jda at his.com
Wed Jan 19 09:59:02 CST 2005

>Do you think that that will be made this week? (So that I can work
>with the true (big) data)
>
>You said that the data in UTF16 took twice more place than in UTF8.
>If my application is sold only in my country (France), I have no
>interest to store my data in UTF16, right?
>(Moreover, it must be slower I suppose)
>
>If I understood well, the only interest to use UTF16 is to be able
>to use certain oriental languages?
>
>Soon, we can choose in Valentina to store the data in UTF8 rather
>than in UTF16?
>When do you think of being ready for it?
>
>thank you
>
>olivier

Olivier, you read my mind. Once Convert is working without problems,
the only two issues I need to get my app out the door are: (1)
Unicode/long file names and (2) using cache for databases. UTF8
storage is important for me, too, though, and would be nice in the
2.0 release. But if not, then hopefully in 2.0.1 a week or two later?

Jon