indexes cached + UTF8

Olivier vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 19 15:52:15 CST 2005

Le 11 janv. 05, à 09:17, Ruslan Zasukhin a écrit :

> Oliver, first time Valentina build special index for sorting.
> I again say, INDEXES are NOT cached now. This is a reason.
>
> Do not test for now big number of records.
> I think on this week we will make indexed to be cached.

Hi list,

Ruslan,

Do you think that that will be made this week? (So that I can work with
the true (big) data)

You said that the data in UTF16 took twice more place than in UTF8.
If my application is sold only in my country (France), I have no
interest to store my data in UTF16, right?
(Moreover, it must be slower I suppose)

If I understood well, the only interest to use UTF16 is to be able to
use certain oriental languages?

Soon, we can choose in Valentina to store the data in UTF8 rather than
in UTF16?
When do you think of being ready for it?

thank you

olivier