Dispensable libraries

jda jda at his.com
Tue Jan 18 09:14:47 CST 2005

>  > Hm, if we can't use a folder to store all these files, might it be
>>  possible to combine some of the libraries into one? There are 4
>>  different icu libraries, for example.
>
>No, ICU we can't change. This is IBM

You mean that you don't have the source? This is the way they distribut it?

Ruslan, lots of other apps in OS X use the ICU library, and Valentina
is the only one that has to include all of the libraries and .dat
file. Are you sure you can't simply link to the libraries included
with OS X (I'm pretty sure that RB does, for example)? This alone
adds most of the overhead of a V2 distribution.

Jon