db created with classes or API ?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jan 14 20:37:43 CST 2005

On 1/14/05 6:24 PM, "Olivier" <vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My project was created with classes.
> I study the possibility of modifying it to create and manage the DB
> with the API.
> That will bring me more flexibility?

But classes is an API way.

Classes is the same as API, just you mirror structure of db on classes.

Classes are good IF you develop app which have quite fixed structure of
tables.

Classes give more comfortable and little faster way of accesst to
Tables/Fields. Because you ALREADY have pointers to them.
In the pure API way you need each time do

    db.Table("Person")

But API way is more flexible, and it is the only way for such apps as viSQL,
which do not know structure of db which they will open.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com