SQL cursors and API

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 13 12:24:18 CST 2005

On 1/13/05 10:37 AM, "Olivier" <vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am upgrading my project of Valentina 1 to Valentina 2.
> In certain methods, I replace the SQL cursors  by API methods.
> But for other windows, I keep SQL cursors.
>
> Does it raise problems to make live SQL cursors and API methods?

In 2.0 this should work...

Although may be will be side effects as after Cursor.NextRecord
Your Table current record is changed.

Deal is Table is only one.
You can have only one current record in the table.

Cursors can be many around table.
Each cursor have own buffer of field vales.
But they use Table to read that values.

> I suppose that if one day I want that my app works in local network,
> all the application has to work with cursors OR with API methods ?

API methods also work on netwrok.

Just I did say, this will have sense only in the local fast netwrok.

For REMOTE dbs on inet it is ALWAYS should be used SQL,
Because of speed.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com