[V4MD] 2.0 b36 MAC - hint+question

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Tue Jan 11 09:54:11 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan,

1)
could it be that you confused the folder names for installing V4MD_2 on a Mac?

On http://paradigmasoft.com/download/v2_beta/v4md_beta.html you wrote:

Install VEngine files into VComponents folder within and the VComponents file into
Library/CFMSupport/. I believe just the opposite:

VEngine files into Library/CFMSupport/ and
VComponents into Library/CFMSupport/VComponents.

Then it works for me.

?

2)
Is there a routine to convert a V4MD_1.x DB into V4MD_2 DB or I have to do it via dump?

3)
I rebuilt my DB via dump.
OK

Init,Open,Close,Flush,Defragment,Compact Valentina
OK

gCur = gDB.sqlSelect( "select ....")
OK

cnt = gCur.recordCount
OK

res = getRecordsAsPropList(gCur)
OK **BUT**
If my field type is 'TEXT' then I get something wrong:

e.g.
I stored a string of a number like 13 within this TEXT field. (I know this shouldn't be done, but ...)
with integer(gCur.getRecordAsString) I will get 31 ?

I stored a huge string contains a proplist.
I was returned 'only' hex values of the string like '41 72 69 61 6c' instead of 'Arial'

Is this correctly? Did I make a mistake?

Hans