valentina 2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 10 13:50:16 CST 2005

On 1/10/05 1:46 PM, "Olivier" <vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Ruslan,
>
> I speak only about problems, it is the purpose of this list!
> But I am impressed all the same by the possibilities of Valentina 2.
> I think that you made a very good work and that you will manage to
> improve this beta.

Thank you.

> The storage Unicode is very practical.
> ( But I worry about the size of files. My complete DB will make
> approximately 500 to 600 Mb with Valentina 1. With Valentina 2 I am
> afraid that it takes too much place (UTF16). Finally I shall see well)

In worse case (if ALL your fields are strings) db will be bigger 2 times
with UTF16.

If you have many numeric fields, then they will have the same size of
course.

> The API methods are very elegant  and very promising.

> But if my application has to work later on a small local area network,
> I am obliged to use cursors ?

Also no.

We have put even API way on network protocol.

BUT!!!! You should use API on network only if you will have FAST network.
If you going work via inet then SQL is the best way.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com