valentina 2

Olivier vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Sat Jan 8 16:16:29 CST 2005

>> Even if three strings are NOT indexed and unique,
>
> Moment. Strings marked as unique?
> THEN Valentina will build index ALWAYS!

yes.
That is why I made an test also by removing the properties " indexed "
of all the fields and the  property "unique" of 1 field which had it.
But the gain of speed is not important.

> Of course. As you see we have even not linear dependency.

> Starts as 2 times slower.       2/4 secs
> finish  80 times slower         10/875
>
> It looks to me that somewhere is ON diagnose calls.
> So the bigger db the longer diagnose take place.
> We need find this place.

That reassures me. My application has to process many data, that would
be catastrophic for me if this problem was not resolved.
I sent you another e-mail where I tested the addRecord by API, it is
effectively faster than with cursors but much slower than with
Valentina 1.

thank you

olivier