valentina 2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jan 8 17:01:45 CST 2005

On 1/8/05 8:47 AM, "Olivier" <vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi Ruslan and list,
>

>> Right now no. I see that 2.0 now is 2 times slower on addRecord.
>> Don't know about rest operations.
>> But we yet in debug mode for indexes for example.
>>
>> I think that AFTER we spend a month or so on optimzation and tunning,
>> We will make 2.0 faster of 1.x.
>
> Effectively, addRecord is MUCH slower. Far too much.
>
> Example :
> AddRecord of records of 4 fields (3 strings, 1 boolean). The 3 strings
> (lenght 38) are indexed. one unique. one indexedByWord.
>
> Valentina 1 : cache 20 Mo.
> Valentina 2 : cache 50 Mo.
> RB 5.5.4
>
> Add x records  Valentina 1  Valentina 2
>
> Add 100   2 secondes  4 secondes
> Add 600   2 sec   11 sec
> Add 3000   3 sec   50 sec
> Add 5000   3 sec   86 sec
> Add 8000   4 sec   147 sec
> Add 11000  5 sec   212 sec
> Add 17000  6 sec   355 sec
> Add 25000  8 sec   547 sec
> Add 36000  10 sec   875 sec
>
> Even if three strings are NOT indexed and unique,

Moment. Strings marked as unique?
THEN Valentina will build index ALWAYS!

> on the addrecord of 8000 lines, Valentina 2 puts 114 seconds. The gain
> is modest.
>
> Valentina 2 is UTF16 but in Valentina 1 EVERY string is TRANSFORM of
> UTF8 in ASCII-FRENCH by a RB METHOD.

Right.

> Are you SURE that you can optimize and accelerate significantly
> Valentina 2.0 ?

> That you will reach at least the same speed as Valentina 1?
> Because the distance is really very important.

Of course. As you see we have even not linear dependency.

Starts as 2 times slower.       2/4 secs
finish  80 times slower         10/875

It looks to me that somewhere is ON diagnose calls.
So the bigger db the longer diagnose take place.
We need find this place.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com