vTable - deleteRecord()

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jan 4 12:50:16 CST 2005

On 1/4/05 12:36 PM, "Olivier" <vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr> wrote:

>>         obj.Something       -- is this property of procedure?
>>
>> You cannot answer.
>>
> if it's a property, always :
>
> obj.something.set....
> or
> obj.something.get...
> or
> obj.something=....
>
> if it's method :
>
> obj.something
>
> if it's function :
>
> rs=obj.something()

So

    res = obj.something()  // function

    obj.something // proc

    res = obj.something    // property

Well may be...

> It is the functioning of RB.
> It is always better if plug-in have the same functioning I think.

But RB do allow us

    obj.something() // proc

Right? Then what problems?

> If valentina has a different behavior, ok, but it would be necessary,
> in that case, whether it is for all its methods. For example
> "cur.updateRecord" has no brackets. Why ?

Oliver, this is not different behavior!
This is just syntax.

You can use () for proc, and you can NOT use them.
Up to you.

REALbasic allow both ways. Or I am wrong?
And RB will complain on such syntax ?

    obj.something()

> All this would have to be homogeneous.
>
> Another example.
> Now the parameter "indexed" of a Vfield is "isIndexed" ("unique" is now
> "isUnique"...) while "indexedByWord" is always "indexedByWord". It is a
> detail naturally and it is not very important but it would indeed be
> good if they had all the same logic.

So you have idea how to make good English for

    IsIndexByWords

?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com