vTable - deleteRecord()

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jan 4 12:13:18 CST 2005

On 1/4/05 11:44 AM, "Olivier" <vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> It is strange that methods as "deleteRecord()" (vTable) contain
> brackets while they are not functions and what they do not return
> value.

In fact this is MY special action.

In C++ all functions have ()

Pascal like REALbasic, allows to skip ().
I do not like this personally.

        obj.Something       -- is this property of procedure?

You cannot answer.

I prefer have

        obj.Property
        obj.Proc()

Why? Because procedure can be something big,
It can CHANGE some other objects. And so on.

Property always -- this is just get its value.

So I prefer explicitly underline that this is PROCEDURE.
Something potentially big.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com