[V4RB 0000242]: Database.Open crashes for my NEW database

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jan 2 01:09:24 CST 2005

On 1/2/05 12:55 AM, "Frank Schima" <frank-list3 at mindstarprods.com> wrote:

>> Aha, Frank,
>>
>> We have study this problem, and we found that problem is that you use
>> small
>> db.SegmentSize 2 or 4 KB.
>>
>> If set it 8 or 16 or 32 then all works.
>>
>> I will try fix this bug now.
>
> OK, that gives me an easy workaround. Thanks!
>
> The real problem I'm trying to track down is that an UPDATE ... WHERE
> ... SQL is causing a crash in that database and I cannot debug the
> problem with ViSQL. I'm having trouble trying to replicate the problem
> though, because it works fine on an empty database (of course nothing
> is changed in that case, but it does not crash!) and it also works when
> I add a few hundred dummy records. Maybe a larger segment size will
> solve this problem too.
>
> I will keep studying this and let you know if I can isolate anything.

Frank,

When you develop and debug I recommend to all set

    Valentina.DebugLevel = kLogParams

And if you have crash you need set

    Valentina.FlushEachLog = true

So you not loose log of last commands in the FILE BUFFER.

Also you may find useful look into files

    ASSERTS -- this file MUST BE empty if no any bugs

    SqlTree.txt -- here you can see how SQL query is parsed.
        small help, but yet...

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com