V4RB: Question about SQL

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Sat Jan 1 20:29:30 CST 2005

Am 01. Jan 2005 um 19:32 Uhr schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

> Hi Claudius,
>
>> Not at the moment: problem is, that I want to wait until I tranform my
>> datgabase to new version until I have a good working converting
>> routine.
>
> You want write some routine?

No, this is a missunderstanding. I have actually less time to test
everything, so I have to wait for final version. But I made some easy
tests. At the moment my application export database in textfile and is
able to import it again. I will use same functionality for moving to
2.X.
Export old database with old Application Version
Run new Application
Generate new database
Import exported datas.

> For what ?

Do you have a converting routine?
If yes then I missed this information by the mass of eMails

>> Normally I would expect that RS will implement 64bit numeric values,
>> but I asked for feature request 12 months or more ago and nothing
>> happen, so I have to look further for other solutions :-((
>
>> In my point of view it is faster to get good solutions in Valentina
>> then in RB. I am waiting for final 2.X, because this will make much
>> much SQL-Satements possible and will be faster as my work around in RB
>
> SUM() will return us column of ULLONG or LLONG type I think.
>
> You will be able obtain result using
>
>     s = cursor.field(1).GetString()
>
>     longV = val( s )

Thats correct.

I am using

   CurBuchungen=meineDatenbank.SQLselect(SQLString, kV_Server,
kV_NoLocks, kV_Random)
   if CurBuchungen<>NIL   then
     CurBuchungen.CurrentPosition=1
     return CurBuchungen.LLongField(1).value
   else
     return 0
   end if

but the returned value could be bigger as it is allowed as integer and
I want to return integer because of the more accurate value. Float is
not so correct as integer und numeric is not supported by RB....
Thats the reason why I am asking for 64bit integer in RB.

bye

Claudius